As we get ready to say goodbye to 2018, we have one last technical update on DCore. As a reminder for our miners, this is not a mandatory update and your node will still remain active even without updating. However, we highly recommend you perform the update so you can experience all the cool new features we’ve added.
Before we dive into the tech stuff, we’d like to take a moment to share with our community about how we chose the name of our blockchain, DCore. For us, the answer is actually a lot simpler than most people think. Our very own blockchain, which was developed internally and made open-source, is the core foundation of which the entire DECENT ecosystem is built upon. All of our dApps, our cryptocurrency, our mobile wallet and the SDKs we release on GitHub are all built on our blockchain. In essence, it is the core of DECENT – hence the name DCore.
If you’ve followed along with our development throughout this year, you will inevitably understand that DCore is not only of vital importance to us, but we are constantly updating it and tweaking certain features to improve its simplicity and usage for our community. Today, we want to announce the newest update, DCore 1.3.2.
The biggest additions in this update are some key technical components which we added in our API set along with extensions to our wallet API, CLI wallet, GUI wallet and overall improvements and fixes in the daemon.
Here’s a summary list of the updates made in this release:
- New monitoring API set, providing statistical information from applications about calls, variables, instances of classes, etc.
- Completely reworked crypto API set, improving public/private key operations and encrypt/decrypt messages.
- Extended wallet API set with new account registration and update/import key functions.
- CLI wallet can be used in a non-interactive mode to run a sequence of calls loaded from a text file.
- GUI wallet now has command line options to specify a custom data directory, wallet file and RPC address.
- User Issued Assets are now supported in the account balance display and transaction history.
For more details, you can see a full list of updates and additions of our DCore 1.3.2 release here. If you are interested in building a dApp on DCore or have any questions for our developer team, feel free to join our new Telegram channel for developers. Stay tuned for more updates and don’t forget to follow us on social media and join our live discussion in our Telegram channel.