Linux IT Admin
We are looking for an IT Admin to run our network and its supporting computer systems. Operations must be smooth while keeping within the specifications, costs and timelines, decided by IT manager and maintained according to the market situation. You will also supervise the implementation and maintenance of DECENT’s computing needs. You will report directly to IT Manager.
A successful candidate will have the skills, experience necessary to fulfil these duties as well as possess detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practices and processes. Understanding the needs of a blockchain is a definite plus.
from 1 800 EUR/month (gross)
Maintanance and modification to the production and supporting IT infrastructure
implementation of network security
Anticipate future production network needs and identify proactive solutions
- Working experience at least 2 years as an IT (system) admin or relevant experience.
- Expertise with cloud solutions and data governance.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network security (IPtables).
- Be able to install and properly configure a LINUX server environment. (Ubuntu/Debian) with firewalls, PHP/APACHE/MYSQL/NGINX server and to create basic bash scripts.
- Experience with system monitoring and reading logs.
- Troubleshoot issues with internal infrastructure, deal with DHCP, DNS servers.
- Basic understanding of docker.
- Plan and implement major modifications to the production and supporting IT infrastructure in coordination with the development department.
- Oversee the implementation of network security for production systems and corporate infrastructure.
- Anticipate future production network needs and identify proactive solutions to satisfy the needs of our production network.
- On site support
- Flexible and able to adapt
- Deep knowledge of OSX systems is a plus
- Knowledge of the following tools: chef, terraform, puppet or ansible is a plus
Computer Science based degree or relevant background