In the month of April, DECENT prioritized outreach in Korea, followed up with future investor relations for the ALAX project, updated and improved DCore, promoted our brand at conferences in 3 different continents, and expanded our presence in Asia. Without wasting any time, let’s dive right in and explore a little deeper.
After a successful ALAX TGE, the team presented at the 8th Blockchain Symposium while also meeting with a local crypto investment fund, Hashed and DECENT added a new member to the team, who is now responsible for running business development and partnerships in Korea.
Additionally, at the Cannes MipTV conference some very promising use cases were presented and we are excited to see what may come out of it. The team has continued to pursue investors for ALAX and are expanding our offices in Hong Kong’s technology district, Cyberport.
All of these partnerships are rather promising and we will continue to press forward on partnerships, projects, and exchanges and as soon as we are able to inform our community, this information will be disclosed to the public.
On the technical side, April pieced together a lot of moving parts culminating in a big update for DCore and the presentation of an MVP for ALAX. Here is a look at the developmental accomplishments for the month and what the team is working on next:
- DCore Update 1.2 released
- Non-mandatory update 1.2.1 released
- DCore JS SDK Extension was made with additional API storage
- Finished ALAX MVP and presented at GMGC in Beijing
- Web Voting App
- The voting tool is officially prepared and released for internal testing, more information on this should come soon.
- Working on (non-mandatory) update 1.2.2 adding API for dev team for Web Voting App
- Working on DCore roadmap update
- Adding new nodes to improve seednodes list
- Continuing work on Android and iOS SDK
MARKETING & PR
Internal organization, community involvement, and brand awareness are constant priorities for the team at DECENT and the month of April was no different. Here are the main outreach and exposure efforts for the month.
- Our Founder, Matej Michalko, was honored to receive the prestigious Forbes Slovakia “30 under 30”award
- We were pleased to host journalists from CoinIran who visited our HQ in Bratislava
- Contacted several influencers and are amplifying our efforts in this area
- Multiple press releases and guest articles about DECENT and DCore amounted to an outreach of 1,092 media sources
- Increased our community in Asia and added 5 new WeChat channels, extending the number of members there to 1,500
- Hired a new social media manager working out of our office in Shanghai
- Adapting to new legislation from the European Union regarding GDPR
WHAT IS COMING UP?
In the next weeks we look forward to take part in BlockShow Europe 2018. The event will take place on May 28-29 in Berlin, where Matej Michalko will be one of the speakers. We have big news in the pipeline, which we mentioned in our social media and community discussions in the form of a “Coming Soon” message. More info on that is, well…. coming soon!
Each month we will release a monthly recap where we highlight the achievements, milestones and works in progress from every department of DECENT. Follow us on Twitter or sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date with our most important news stories and join our Telegram channel for live discussions with our team and growing community.