Our development team has been working around the clock and are excited to release our DCore Technical Roadmap for 2018! This roadmap will showcase new additions, improvements and fixes coupled with a short explanation about each. First, we want to give you a little recap of all the work that went into the November 2017 update, then moving forward to our most recent updates, and finally a forecast of what’s to come the rest of this year!
NOVEMBER 2017 RECAP
- Gave DCore account managers the ability to create their own custom tokens, based on DCT, similar to what ERC20 tokens do for Ethereum. For a real-world application of custom tokens please check out what is being done with ALAX.
MESSAGING ON BLOCKCHAIN
- Allows users to send messages to one or more accounts – this message is recorded on the DCore blockchain and is encrypted and readable only for the sender and receiver. Plus, since the message is on the blockchain, the message is automatically permanent, tamper proof, and time-stamped.
- Performance and reliability ratings are now monitored and reported.
- This is useful for publishers to see which seeders are trustworthy and reliable before they choose who will host their content. There are many attributes that are rated and all the info is securely stored on the DCore blockchain.
SEEDER SETTINGS (SET SEEDING COSTS IN FIAT CURRENCIES) AND SEEDER PLUGIN
- It was not possible to set price in fiat currencies at the time of launch. With the November update around 30 currencies were added.
GEOLOCATION OF SEEDERS
- As a seeder, you can set your location. Content providers can then see and choose seeders which are nearby. Location is set in 2-letter country codes (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2).
MARCH 2018 RELEASE
IMPROVED : API ENHANCEMENT
- Enhanced documentation — improved comments in the source code that will result in better documentation (Doxygen).
- Wallet API source code — split into logical groups.
- Useless APIs removed and new APIs added.
IMPROVED : ELGAMAL KEYS REMEMBERING
- Old ElGamal keys will be remembered after account key-pair change
- When a user changes the key-pair, new ElGamal keys are also generated
- Content purchased under an old key-pair would be rendered inaccessible (as ElGamal keys control access to content – new ElGamal key will not match with the old one)
- This change fixes that — old content will be accessible under new key-pair
- This change only affects the CLI wallet
IMPROVED : ABILITY TO FIRMLY SET MAX SUPPLY FOR CUSTOM TOKENS (UIA)
- Custom tokens (UIA) can be used for ICOs on DCore blockchain
NEW : PUBLIC TESTNET LAUNCH
- Testnet for public usage. Technologically a mirror of mainnet. It also has a set of public test accounts.
- This will be linked to detailed documentation upon release.
NEW : PAYMENT TIED TO CONTENT
- Support of additional payments and revenue splitting on one piece of content.
- Previously payment could only be sent to an account.
- This allows payment to be linked to a digital item, thus allowing in-app purchases.
NEW: DESKTOP WALLET UPDATE
- Blockchain sync with better descriptions
- Desktop Wallet Voting
NEW : CDN SUPPORT FOR DIGITAL CONTENT STORAGE
- Currently we only support IPFS, however some partners require CDN support. This will also allow applications to bypass seeders.
- More detailed dev and end user documentation with new topics, showcases and guides.
- memo decryption.
- payment splitting.
- seeding price overflow.
JULY 2018 RELEASE
- Upload and download functionalities.
SUPPORT FOR NON-TRANSFERRABLE CUSTOM TOKENS (UIAS)
- Enables larger amount of UIA use-cases.
- Non-transferrable tickets — usage e.g. school credits.
- Possibility to lock tokens for specified time intervals to get some extra features e.g. transactions without fees.
DMCA NOTIFICATIONS AND PROCESS
- Possibility to stop the seeding of illegal content.
We are looking forward to the rest of 2018 and all the things in store for DCore. If you want to stay up to date with the most relevant news about DECENT & DCore, subscribe to our Newsletter and join the discussion groups in Telegram and Reddit!